Personal Information is information or an opinion about a reasonably identifiable individual. The information collected may include an individual’s name, signature, contact details, driver’s license, date of birth and images. The type of personal information we collect will depend on the nature of your dealings with us.
If you apply for a job with us sensitive information such as information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, criminal record or health information may be collected where we have your consent.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where reasonably practical to do so we will collect personal information from you directly when you use our casino and hotel products and services or communicate with us. Depending on the product or service we provide to you, we may collect your personal information from third parties including booking agents who liaise with us and or make bookings on your behalf and electronic means (if applicable).
If you chose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The general purposes for which we may collect, hold and use your personal information are:
– to identify you;
– to provide, manage and administer a product or service to you on an ongoing basis;
– to assess your employment suitability;
– to assist us in adhering to responsible gambling policies;
– to comply with our obligations under the anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation;
– to promote our organisation through marketing initiatives;
– to facilitate participation in our loyalty programs;
– to obtain credit reports from a credit reporting agency to assess applications for a cheque cashing facility;
– to protect individuals against theft and other illegal activities.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These include:
– using appropriate information technology and processes, which contain network security systems with appropriate firewalls and passwords for the protection of files;
– restricting access to your personal information by employees and those who perform services for us who need your personal information to do what we have engaged them to do;
– securely destroying personal information if we no longer require it, subject to our legal obligations.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may need to disclose personal information where we are required or authorised by law to do so including for casino regulatory and anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation purposes.
In some instances we share information with third parties in order to help us operate our business or to provide a service to you. Such organisations include:
– debt collection agencies;
– accountants, auditors and lawyers;
– insurance brokers;
– service providers such as IT, guest survey providers, mailing houses, printers and postal services; and
– other casinos.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where you request us or consent to us doing so.
Some of the third parties with whom we share personal information may be located outside Australia including in the European Union, the United States of America, New Zealand and Singapore. The location of our service providers may change from time to time.
We may use your personal information so that we can inform you of our upcoming promotions and or events by the way of direct mail, emails and SMS messages. This information will only be sent out to you if you have indicated your consent to receiving such information.
If you do not wish to receive this information you can contact us at any time to let us know you no longer wish to receive this information.
Our website uses ‘cookies’ to collect information. Cookies are small data files that are sent to and stored on your computer each time you request a page. They are used to track user’s traffic patterns. Cookies do not collect personal information.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You are welcome to request details of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details below.
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. We may require personal identification from you before providing you with any requested details.
If you find that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact our Privacy Officer. It may take up to 30 days to update our records.
If you wish to lodge a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information please contact the Privacy Officer using the details below.
Any privacy complaint will be assessed, reviewed and responded to within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au.
CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER
If you have a privacy complaint or wish to correct, update or access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer using the following details:
The Reef Hotel Casino
PO Box 7320
Cairns QLD 4870
CHANGES IN THE FUTURE
Last updated March 2022